Home > life is fun > R locale error , super weird.

R locale error , super weird.


Error :
Warning message:
In strsplit(txt, “—“) : input string 1 is invalid in this locale

I fixed this one on my own. Here’s the solution. My locale was set to 1 “de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/C/C/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8”

which I checked with

Sys.getlocale()

According to the bioconductor mailinglist, locale should be set to C. This is what I did

Sys.setlocale(locale="C")

Et voilà the faceting worked just like it used to. I have no clue how the locale changed, but that’s how you can change it whenever this problem occurs.

HTH someone else too.

Advertisements
Categories: life is fun
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: